Entries will be judged on flavor, consistency, balance of flavor and appearance. Please bring salsa entries in through Gate 3 to Exhibition Hall.
- Mild Salsa
- Hot Salsa
- Inferno Salsa
- Miscellaneous Salsa
Contest Entry Rules:
- All contestants must be considered “amateurs”.
- Entries must be homemade and not produced or packaged in any way.
- There will be one Grand & Reserve Champion. There will also be a first & second place winner for each category.
- Salsa must be made from scratch, no mixes, by the entrant and submitted in a glass jar (at least 1 pint).
- Recipe must accompany product.
- Only one entry per salsa category per person is allowed (1 mild, 1 hot, 1 inferno and/or 1 misc.)
- The Red River Valley Fair has the right to publish or advertise the recipes and the names of the contestants without compensation.
- Do not put any labels or marking on the jar or lid.
- Observe food safety guidelines in preparing and transporting foods to the Fair.
- Salsa can be fresh or canned.
- Salsa samples will not be offered to the public; tasting will be limited to judges only.
Special Department: 1002 Please Enter at Building
+ Saturday, July 17, 2021
+ Entries accepted anytime before 1:30 PM, judging at 2:00 PM
+ Exhibition Hall
+ Sponsored by Mexican Village